SUBMIT A CHARITY FOR CONSIDERATION
Charities may be submitted to 100 Women Who Care – Rural Wellington by members only.
Each member may nominate charities for consideration at any given time, and the nomination must be made two weeks ahead of the next meeting date to allow for vetting and approval.
Need some ideas?
Not sure which charity to nominate? Click here to search for registered charities in Rural Wellington and surrounding area.
Just remember, it must be a registered charity, and the funds must stay in Rural Wellington and surrounding area. Happy hunting!
Ready to nominate?
The charity nomination process is as follows:
- Member selects a Charity they would like to put forward for consideration.
- Member fills out the Charity Nomination Form below.
- Charity is vetted against eligibility criteria, and the member will receive an email when nomination has been approved.
- Member fills out Charity Nomination Ballot at meeting registration and puts it in the hat.
- After opening remarks, three charities are chosen out of the hat.
- Nominating member makes a simple presentation in favour of their charity.
- Members vote.
- Successful charity receives donation cheques.
- Member who nominated successful charity is then free to nominate another charity.
How to Present Your Charity at A Meeting
When a charity is drawn during a meeting, we ask that the nominating member make a simple presentation to share more information about the charity. Presentations should be simple and not overly formal. Speak from the heart, and think “passion”, not “perfection”!
Here is a list of topics that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (Who are they, what do they do, and how do they do it?)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have (i.e. how needy is the organization)?
- Can they issue tax receipts?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a cheque payable?
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization.