SUBMIT A CHARITY FOR CONSIDERATION
Charities may be submitted to 100 Women Who Care – Rural Wellington by members only.
Each member may nominate charities for consideration at any given time, and the nomination must be made two weeks ahead of the next meeting date to allow time for us to verify that it is a registered charity, and that the charity can receive funds through Canada Helps.
Need some ideas?
Just remember, it must be a registered charity, and the funds must stay in rural and small town Wellington County and surrounding area.
Ready to nominate?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Present Your Charity at A Meeting
The nominating member will make a simple presentation to share more information about the charity.
Here is a list of topics that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the name of the charity?
- Where is the charity located?
- What is the mission of the charity?
- What purpose does the charity serve? (Who are they, what do they do, and how do they do it?)
- How would the charity benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have (i.e. how needy is the charity)?
- Describe your personal interactions with the charity or how you learned of the charity.